district home
Academics ::
Administration ::
Athletics ::
Board of Education ::
Budget ::
Capital Project ::
District Calendar ::
District Code of Conduct ::
District Newsletter ::
Employment ::
Health Services ::
Superintendent Search ::
Safety ::
Summer School ::
Building Condition Survey ::
Finance ::
Student/staff relocation ::
What is SNN? ::
Superintendent answers questions about Nov. 15 referendum


capital project news infographicOct. 26, 2016 -- About 20 residents attended a community meeting last night to listen to Superintendent of Schools Michelle L. Brantner describe and answer questions about the Nov. 15 referendum, in which voters will consider authorizing the district to spend an additional $2,689,404 on improvements planned for Marcellus High School.

The additional expenditure will have zero additional impact on the local tax levy, Ms. Brantner explained, because state building aid will cover 82.3 percent ot the cost and the district has the remaining 17.7 percent (approximately $520,000) available in reserve funds.

During the meeting, Ms. Brantner walked through the four-year history of the project, which so far has included: a voter referendum in 2014, in which residents rejected a proposed $18 million project; another referendum in March 2015, in which voters approved a scaled-down project with a $14.8 million price tag; construction bids that came in 25 percent over budget in May 2016, due to a confluence of factors that included too-low estimates from the architect and delayed state approval of building plans; and now a revised project that trims some scope and costs but retains the original "essence" of a project designed to upgrade the high school's instructional spaces for 21st century learning, Ms. Brantner said.

A public hearing on the referendum will be held 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 7, at the high school. The vote will be noon to 9 p.m. Nov. 15.

 
Downloads


Our Schools
K.C. Heffernan Elementary
C.S. Driver Middle School
Marcellus Sr. High School

Departments
Communications Office
Instructional Technology
Transportation
Buildings and Grounds
Food Service
Libraries
Athletics
High School Guidance

About Us
Administration
Marcellus Academic Club
Staff Directory
District Newsletter
School Report Card
Board of Education
Employment Opportunities
Use of Facilities

District Info
District Newsletter
District Calendar
Code of Conduct
Use of Facilities
APPR Plan
District RTI Plan
Emergency S.A.V.E. Plan
Common Core
Mandated Information
Sex Offender Registry

Staff Links
Blackboard
mediaCONNECT
NYSED
Personnel Links
SIS Web
Staff E-Mail
Sub Service
SchoolTool
Teacher Verification
AIMS Web
IEP Direct
Professional Development



Parents
School Messenger
SchoolTool Parent Portal
Dignity Act
Code of Conduct
New student Registration
Sex Offender Registry
Menus
How to Solve Problems
MySchoolBucks
Summer School