district home
Academics ::
Administration ::
Athletics ::
Board of Education ::
Budget ::
Capital Project ::
District Calendar ::
Employment ::
Health Services ::
Safety ::
Summer School ::
Building Condition Survey ::
Finance ::
Student/staff relocation ::
Voters approve capital project referendum


photo of voters On Tuesday, Nov. 15, Marcellus Central School District residents voted to permit the district to spend additional funds to complete the capital project approved by voters in March 2015. The community’s approval authorizes the school district to utilize money currently available in reserves to cover the cost of the local share of the increase.

Marcellus residents approved the measure 732 yes votes to 387 no votes.
 
“I’m gratified to see this community signal its continued willingness to invest in its future by approving this referendum,” Superintendent of Schools Michelle L. Brantner said. “Our citizens understand that to prepare our students to be tomorrow’s leaders, we must not only safeguard the traditions of the past half-century, but also build on their bedrock. This project will do just that, by helping us to work toward higher standards for our 21st century students.”

Marcellus residents approved a capital project expenditure of $14,844,078 on March 10, 2015. After construction bids for the originally scoped project came in 25 percent over budget in May 2016, however, the Board of Education determined an additional $2,689,404 would be needed. The BOE rejected the bids, replaced the lead architect on the project and drafted a revised plan that trims some scope and costs but retains the essence of the original project: to upgrade the high school's instructional spaces for 21st century learning.

District officials said they expect the increase to have zero additional impact on the local tax levy, because state building aid will cover 82.3 percent of the cost and the district has the remaining 17.7 percent (approximately $520,292) available in reserve funds.

The district now expects to:
  • request bid proposals later this month;
  • open bids in January 2017 and make selections in February; and
  • begin construction in June 2017 and complete it in early 2019.
     


Our Schools
K.C. Heffernan Elementary
C.S. Driver Middle School
Marcellus Sr. High School

Departments
Communications Office
Instructional Technology
Transportation
Buildings and Grounds
Food Service
Libraries
Athletics
High School Guidance

About Us
Administration
Marcellus Academic Club
Staff Directory
District Newsletter
School Report Card
Board of Education
Employment Opportunities
Use of Facilities

District Info
District Newsletter
District Calendar
Code of Conduct
Use of Facilities
APPR Plan
District RTI Plan
Emergency S.A.V.E. Plan
Common Core
Mandated Information
Sex Offender Registry

Staff Links
Blackboard
mediaCONNECT
NYSED
Personnel Links
SIS Web
Staff E-Mail
Sub Service
SchoolTool
Teacher Verification
AIMS Web
IEP Direct
Professional Development



Parents
School Messenger
SchoolTool Parent Portal
Dignity Act
Code of Conduct
New student Registration
Sex Offender Registry
Menus
How to Solve Problems
MySchoolBucks
Summer School