Nov. 7, 2016: BOE Adopts Budget Calendar
November 2016: Distribute budget development documents to principals/directors
- Principals/directors gather program development input from budget teams Identify areas for cost efficiency
- Develop list of potential retirees and tentative staffing plan for 2017?2018 school year
- Develop three year budget projections
Jan. 23, 2017:
- Review initial budget with budget builders/cabinet
- Operations & Maintenance Supervisor provides information regarding potential lease purchases
- Transportation supervisor provides information regarding potential bus purchases
- Technology Director provides information regarding potential lease purchases or propositions
February 2017: Continue discussions with budget builders/cabinet
- Initial (roll forward) budget presented to Board of Education.
- Budget binders distributed to BOE members.
- Review Governor’s proposal for aid to education.
Feb. 6, 2017:
March 1, 2017: Submit property tax report card to Office of State Comptroller
- Board of Education meeting
- Petitions for Board of Education candidates available, including relevant legal requirements
March 6, 2017: Board of Education meeting -- budget update, presentation and discussion
March 20, 2017: Board of Education meeting -- budget update, presentation and discussion
April 1, 2017: Date of first legal notice of school budget and propositions
April 3, 2017: Board of Education appoints clerks and inspector of elections
April 17, 2017:
April 21, 2017:
- Last scheduled Board of Education meeting for approval of the 2017?2018 budget
- Last day to submit petitions for propositions to be placed on ballot, by 5 p.m.
- Petitions for Board of Education due to district clerk by 5 p.m.
- Drawing by district clerk to determine order for listing of Board candidates on voting machine
April 28, 2017: Budget notice mailed to residents
- Last legal date for Board of Education approval of the 2017?2018 budget
- Last day to submit property tax report card
- Absentee ballots available for distribution
May 1, 2017: Budget statement and required attachments available in district office and school building offices
May 8, 2017: Annual budget hearing
May 16, 2017: Annual meeting, board election, budget vote
June 1, 2017: Government efficiency plan due to the NYS Director of Budget
June 15, 2017: Sworn statements of campaign expenses due from Board candidates